Do you have experience in project management and developing international partnerships? If yes, our office in Ottawa is looking for an Academic and Project Manager.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The APM coordinates relevant projects and flow of information between a variety of stakeholders, including international graduate candidates, student admissions officers within CALDO member universities, international funding agencies, and lead educational initiatives along with member universities and international agencies.
The APM provides support and works along with the Executive Director and the CALDO team on a full range of promotional, administrative and operational activities required to ensure the effective and efficient work of the CALDO office to facilitate the recruitment of sponsored graduate students. The individual in this position gathers and analyses information and data from Latin American countries with the goal of identifying and evaluating beneficial partnerships in Latin America.
- Communicates and supports the candidate’s inquiries about universities, programs, supervisors, scholarship details, application processes, and guidance to find out the appropriate information on the CALDO and universities websites.
- Supports the promotional activities organized by the CALDO Secretariat and universities (online and onsite events)
- Tracks candidates’ progress in the application process.
- Keeps close communication with international partner agencies regarding sponsored students.
- Manages along with CALDO member universities the invoicing and payment processes for international sponsored students.
- Coordinates the administration of agreements with international partners
- Coordinates with CALDO Agreements Committee the assessment of new agreements
- Supports the Executive Director and the CALDO team in all dimensions of international partnership activity, undertaking specific projects and pieces of work as assigned
- Monitors and reviews the performance and value of international partnerships.
- Provides timely and accurate reporting to the Executive Director on the advising services, statistics of international graduate students, scholarships programs, benchmarking analysis, etc.
- Participates actively in the CALDO Board of Directors meetings.
- Coordinates and leads special projects for supporting the CALDO member universities, such as grant applications, languages training programs or any new initiative directed to increase the mobility of graduate students from Latin America.
- Participates in some recruitment and promotional events abroad such as fairs, conferences, and presentations
- Coordinates projects with local stakeholders such as CALDO universities, associations, the government of Canada, funding agencies, LATAM Embassies in Canada, etc.
- Support the development of the CALDO website
- Coordinates webinars along with CALDO universities and international stakeholders.
- Works along with the Executive Director and other members of the CALDO team to develop and implement the CALDO strategic plan
- Bachelor’s degree in education, business administration, international relations/political science or related fields
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Significant experience (5 years +) in developing partnerships/projects and advising students in the higher education sector
- Capacity in dealing with partners and students from different cultures (Latin American)
- Significant experience working in international markets, especially in Latin America
- Ability to develop and keep business and political relationships with national and international stakeholders, including Global Affairs Canada, Canadian Embassies abroad, diplomatic representatives, international funding agencies and educational institutions
- Strong proposal writing skills and experience in preparing executive reports and communications
- Solid knowledge of Excel tables. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills in English, oral and written. Good understanding (verbal and written) of Portuguese and Spanish.
- Capacity to work in a fast pace environment and flexible with working hours
- Strong ability to prioritize task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent time management and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated skills and experience doing presentations to senior executives.
- Excellent project management skills.
OTHER DESIRABLE SKILLS:
- Experience working in an educational institution or non-for-profit environment
- Knowledge of French
- Knowledge of marketing tools such as Mailchimp, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Think you are the right fit?
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com