What is CALDO and how does it work?
CALDO is a consortium of Canada’s leading universities, offering top-ranked programs in English and French.
- We offer free tailored and personalized support and guidance to prospective candidates from Latin America on how to find graduate programs.
- We are your single point of contact with top universities in Canada.
- We offer free support and guidance on how to navigate the application process and get to know scholarship options from your home country.
Which universities are part of the CALDO Consortium?
Our member universities are the following:
- University of Alberta
- Dalhousie University
- Université Laval
- McMaster University
- University of Saskatchewan
- University of Toronto
- University of Waterloo
- Western University
Learn more about each university on our universities section
Why is CALDO unique?
We offer free tailored and personalized support and guidance to prospective students from Latin America. This is a good thing, as we are trying to increase the number of Latin American students choosing Canada and the CALDO member universities as the destination for their graduate studies. We do this through beneficial international partnerships and relationships with government agencies, and educational institutions in the region.
What other services does CALDO offer?
Our personalized services allow candidates to receive detailed information on programs of study they are interested in, and support with the application process. The service is comprised of the following:
- Identifying programs of study that align best with the candidates’ interests
- Assisting candidates in identifying the admission requirements and application deadlines for their program of interest
- Assisting the candidates in identifying and gathering the required academic documents for the application process (statement of research, academic CV, suitable langue test scores, etc.)
- Proving support in navigating the application process.
What is the difference of applying through CALDO or through the University directly?
Students do not actually apply through CALDO; they must apply directly to the university according to the requirements of the individual program and institution. CALDO can help you gather the required documents and provide preliminary information on admission requirements. We can also help you reach out to the appropriate graduate program coordinator at the University who can help you with your application.