1. Canada offers a high quality of Life
- Canada ranks among the top countries in the OECD Better Life Index, thanks to the wide access to health care and its safe communities.
- Canada ranked 2nd in the 2018 “Best Countries” ranking from US News.
- The UN ranks Canada 12th out of 185 countries on the 2018 Human Development Index.
2. Canadian University degrees are recognized by employers worldwide.
- Canadian universities have strong funding from the government that ensures high-quality teaching, research, and facilities.
- Canada’s higher education system ranks eight in the world according to the Universitas 21 2018 Ranking of National Higher Education Systems.
3. Canadian society is welcoming, inclusive, and multicultural.
- Canada is known for its multiculturalism and is home to people from all over the world, who are encouraged to share their cultures while being a part of Canadian culture.
- Canada ranks as the world’s 4th most popular destination for international students (Project Atlas).
4. Canada provides access to world-class research opportunities.
- Research is the key reason that CALDO universities play such an important role in Canada. With a major focus on student research, CALDO universities offer world-class facilities, equipment, and labs, as well as faculty researchers known around the world for their expertise.
- Canada’s investment in education is recognized across the world. According to the OECD Education, Canada invests heavily into its universities every year.
5. Canadian universities support your journey to success.
- All of CALDO universities provide a strong network of support services for students, including services specifically aimed at international students (such as international orientations and advisors) to assist you, address your concerns, and make sure that you have the support you need.
- Our campuses offer state of the art classrooms, libraries, fitness facilities, and more – all to support a healthy student lifestyle and learning environment.
6. Canadian education offers excellent value.
- When comparing the cost of living in other English-speaking countries such as the USA and the UK, Canada offers affordable options without sacrificing quality.
- Our cities offer high standards of living that are recognized globally, but generally with a low to moderate cost of living. According to HSBC Bank research, the annual cost of university education in Canada ranks 6th as most affordable, making it less expensive than Australia, the US, and the UK.
Facts About Canada
- Canada is the second largest country in the world.
- 36.3million people in 10 provinces and 3 territories.
- The largest cities in Canada are: Toronto (6 million), Montréal (4 million), Vancouver (2.5million), Calgary (1.4 million), Ottawa-Gatineau the National Capital Region (1.3 million).
- Canada has 6 time zones.
- Canada has 2 official languages: English and French.
- The Trans-Canada Highway is longer than the distance from London to Bombay (7,821 km).
- Canada’s most populous regions, which lie along the U.S. border, enjoy four distinct seasons.
- Canada consistently ranks among the top 10 countries in the United Nations Quality of Life Index.
- The maple leaf and the beaver are the 2 most common symbols of the country.
- Some famous faces from Canada include Drake, Justin Bieber, Shania Twain, Jim Carrey, Bryan Adams, Alanis Morissette, Avril Lavigne, Keanu Reeves, and Mike Myers.