Are you detail-oriented, organized and a team player? If yes, our office in Ottawa is looking for an Executive and Administrative Assistant.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
As Executive and Administrative Assistant, the collaborator provides support and work along with the Executive Director and the members of the CALDO team in a full range of promotional, administrative and operational activities required to ensure the effective and efficient work of the CALDO Secretariat.
- Assist with scheduling appointments and events
- Plan and manage travel and logistics details for the Executive Director
- Provide general information on the Consortium services
- Take and preparation of minutes at the Board meetings
- Manage the communications between the CALDO Secretariat and the Board of Directors
- Write and proofread documents in English and Spanish (ideally)
- Elaborate presentations in PowerPoint and executive reports in Word and Excel
- Act as liaison between stakeholders to facilitate communication at the executive level
- Schedule and organize consortium activities as Board of Directors meetings, conference calls and recruitment and commercial missions abroad.
- Act as the point of contact for information sent and received to and from potential candidates, embassies, governments, universities and any other relevant organizations
Event Coordination (30%)
- Prepare event briefing materials and presentations
- Liaison with educational fairs/conference organizer
- Plan and schedule activities prior and during recruitment activities remotely
- Promote webinars, international fairs and visits to partner institutions in Latin America
Office Manager (30%)
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and equipment
- Deposit and management of cheques
- Manage petty cash
- Track and process office expenses. Prepare expenses reports in Excel
- Look for vendor quotes for goods and services when required
- Contact service providers
- Liaison among CALDO, lawyer, bookkeeper, etc.
- Experience working with senior executives, including logistical and strategic support to different management levels.
- Event management experience
- Experience working and performing in high functioning teams
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and problem-solving abilities
- Fluent in English and good comprehension of Spanish (oral and writing)
- Team player with self-directed skills
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience in preparing executive reports and communications
- Solid research skills on internet
- Ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced and highly charged environment;
- Excellent communication and public relations skills;
- Must be able to maintain discretion and absolute confidentiality
- Tactful and diplomatic
- Flexible and available to work within an irregular schedule in some situations
- Solid knowledge as user and administrator of social media tools: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Mailchimp, YouTube, etc.
Other desirable skills
- Experience working in an educational institution or non-for-profit environment
- Experience working with Latin American countries
- Knowledge of French
- Knowledge of Portuguese
Job Type: Full-time
Think you are the right fit?
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com